Lifestyle

SA records one new case of COVID-19 ahead of restrictions easing

SA records one new case of COVID-19 ahead of restrictions easing
South Australia has recorded one new case of COVID-19 but it is not connected to the Parafield cluster.
Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said the new case is a man in his 20s is currently quarantining in a medi-hotel.
He is a close contact of a previously confirmed overseas arrival.
Live Updates: Queensland to reopen NSW border next week
Chief Health Officer Nicola Spurrier provides a COVID-19 update, Tuesday 24 November, 2020. (9News)
This brings the total number of active cases in the state to 39, with 27 of those linked to the Parafield cluster.
Prof. Spurrier says she is "quietly confident" South Australia has got on top of the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
"I haven't popped the cork on the champagne bottle yet, but the champagne is on ice. We haven't finished the job yet and every South Australian still has their part to play," she said.
Prof. Spurrier urged South Australians to get tested after 6822 tests were conducted - a drop from the 17,000 yesterday.
"You must get tested if you have symptoms," Prof. Spurrier said.
"Regardless of where you are in the state. If you're in a rural or regional centre or whether you're in metropolitan Adelaide, north or south, it doesn't matter."
SA Premier Steven Marshall said restrictions will be relaxed next week. (9News)
Current restrictions will be reviewed on 1 December, the SA premier said. (Getty)
The latest figures come as SA Premier Steven Marshall announced current restrictions would be reviewed next week.
"Next Tuesday, December 1st, is the day that we will go back to where we were before the Parafield cluster and further lift those restrictions," Mr Marshall said.
"We do not want to have any restriction in place for one day longer than we need to.
"We want to open-up our economy. We want to see people get back to work and we want to see businesses booming ahead of the festive season."