Video of night Dylan Walker was arrested
Disturbing bodycam footage and audio from a triple-zero call have been released, giving insight into what happened the night NRL footballer Dylan Walker was charged with assaulting his fiancée.
The footage was captured in December when Alexandra Ivkovic – a former Miss Australia contestant - called police to say her 24-year-old partner had lashed out at her for interrupting a video game he was playing.
“He pulled my hair and I fell down while I was holding my baby,” Ms Ivkovic can be heard saying to the operator while crying.
“Can I please have someone here? He’s scaring me when he’s like this.”
When officers arrived, bodycam footage released by the court shows Ms Ivkovic explaining what had happened.
“He followed me out, the baby just happened to be in my arms and he was trying to take him out of my arms,” Ms Ivkovic can be heard saying.
“Then I said ‘get out of my face’ and as I turned around he just pulled my hair and I just fell back onto the concrete.”
Walker was then arrested at the couple’s Dee Why home before being taken into custody.
“Which arm did you grab?” an officer can be heard asking him.
“Um, the left side,” the footballer replies.
“Her left shoulder? So you pulled her back?” the officer clarifies.
“I just said ‘can you talk to me’ and she fell over,” Walker says while motioning with his hands, on camera.
Photographs taken on the night showed grazes to Ms Ivkovic’s shoulder and legs.
Despite the evidence, Ms Ivkovic withdrew her evidence and on Friday, Walker was cleared of all charges against him.
After missing out on the first nine rounds of the 2019 NRL season due to the code’s tough ‘no fault’ stand down policy, Walker is now free to play in Manly’s clash with Cronulla this weekend.
“He will be available for selection based on his not guilty finding in the courts last week. The Manly club will be free to select him,” NRL CEO Todd Greenberg told media.
Police have also indicated they will not appeal the court’s decision.
© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2019